- Company formation;
- Partnership Registration;
- Trust settlement; and
- Corporate secretarial services.
Banking and Treasury
- Establishing your relationship with Canadian banks;
- Opening banking, credit or FX trading facilities; and
- Assistance with cash receipts, supplier payments, employee expense reimbursement and other cash management activities.
Human Resource Management and Payroll
- HR administration services, and
- Canadian and U.S. payroll services.
Accounting Services – Set-up
- Selection of accounting software;
- Preparation of chart of accounts (creating required accounting ledgers – using your existing chart of accounts and augmenting it to typical Canadian-specific accounts);
- Determination of form and frequency of financial reporting;
- Set-up of accounting processes and transmission of information;
- Internal controls and procedures (e.g., set-up of bank platform and authorizations, establishing approval workflows for all financial transactions);
- Define procedures of transmission of documents and calendar of information exchange;
- Determine the format of annual reporting required (see below).
Accounting Assistance – Periodic
- Periodic reporting (monthly or quarterly);
- Record invoices, payables and accruals as approved by you;
- Review and record expense reports submitted by employees; and
- Reconcile banking activity.
Canadian and U.S. Taxation
- Canadian value added tax registration and compliance (GST/HST/QST);
- Canadian provincial and U.S. state sales and use tax registration and compliance (PST);
- Canadian and U.S. Income tax compliance and planning for all types of entities (personal, corporate, trust, partnerships, foundations, and charities); and
- Domestic and international tax planning and audit support.
Your Outsourced Finance Department
We assist with many aspects of operational and planning needs, especially for growing businesses. We serve as true strategic partners and can provide guidance on Canadian priorities, in conjunction with you and your team. Examples of services are:
- Cash-flow projections and assumptions;
- Break-even analysis;
- Business planning; and
- Tax planning.